Bath Body Bliss handmade soaps are lovingly made in small batches, using traditional hot or cold process methods.
- Each bar is carefully formulated to nourish and cleanse, without stripping the natural oils from your skin.
- All of our soaps & body products are tested on family, friends and willing helpers (no animals) – every batch is carefully tested before being released for sale.
> WHAT GOES IN OUR SOAPS?
- Our soaps are packed full of high quality, skin-loving oils and butters, and contain natural glycerine which is formed during the saponification process.
- We use only food or cosmetic grade oils and butters, together with skin-safe cosmetic colours, essential oils and fragrances. We also use natural clays, minerals and botanicals for some varieties of soap.
- All soaps (commercial and handmade) are made with lye, which combines with the oils and butters in the process of saponification. Once this process has been completed, the lye and oil molecules have been chemically converted into soap and glycerine, and no lye remains in the final product. The only body-wash products which don’t use lye in their making are surfactant-based detergents.
> HOW ABOUT ALLERGENS?
- Ingredients mild to one person may be an allergen to another ~ please exercise common sense when using our products, and read the provided ingredient information to avoid any known allergens. Products are made for external use only ~ please don’t eat them (no matter how yummy they may look or smell), and avoid getting products in your eyes.
- As with any body products, if a rash or irritation should occur please discontinue use immediately and seek medical advice if needed.
> CARE OF YOUR SOAP
- To get the most out of your handmade soap ensure it dries between each use, and don’t leave it sitting in a puddle of water. A well-draining soap dish, away from direct water spray or contact will help your soap to fully dry before being used again.
- We allow our soaps to cure for between 4 – 6 weeks before being packaged for sale. During this time excess moisture will evaporate, making the soap harder, bubblier & longer lasting.
- After purchase, your soap should be stored away from direct sunlight & heat.
> HOW LONG WILL MY SOAP LAST?
- The time your soap will last will vary depending on how it is stored, how many people use it, and if it is used directly on the body or with a scrubbie, sponge or facewasher. In ideal conditions, you should expect a full size bar of soap to last anywhere between 2 – 4 weeks with regular use.
- An unused soap should last for years, if stored in ideal conditions. Older soaps are naturally harder, so will last longer once they are finally used. Over a lengthy time though colours & fragrances may change or fade, so for the best experience we suggest you use your soap within 6 – 12 months from date of purchase.
> WILL EVERY BAR LOOK THE SAME?
- The beauty of handmade is that no 2 bars will ever be alike. Variations in size, weight, colour and pattern will occur – even between bars made in the same batch.
- For this reason, please use our image as a reference only. Whilst your soap bar will contain the exact same ingredients and be made in the exact same way, it may look slightly different to the actual soaps pictured.
- Our main product images for soaps show the appearance of a regular, full-size bar. The ‘additional information’ tab gives measurements and weights for all our different soap sizes available.
> CAN I GET SOMETHING MADE ESPECIALLY FOR ME?
- We can make custom soaps for special occasions, and love to make bulk or wholesale orders. Please get in touch if you’d like to know more about these products.
- If you’d like to use our handmade soap but are sensitive to an ingredient listed, please let us know ~ we’d be happy to discuss a custom order using alternative ingredients for you.